learn more about us
It goes without saying how important it is to work with people you gel with based on shared values, work ethic, objectives and ambition. Creating a strong team whom you feel comfortable with and trust cannot be underestimated, particularly when you are thinking about selling your company. Discretion, knowledge and professionalism are givens, but we think Leith’s way of delivering these values is different. Some companies are large internationals and have their place. Others are specialists in a certain sector. We think Leith’s speciality is being a family run team who really get to know you, your aspirations and your concerns. When you choose to work with Leith, your company is one of only a small number. This not only means we can be flexible, available and consistent in terms of the support we offer you; it also means we are hugely incentivised to work incredibly hard and tenaciously to do all we can to reach your goal. We also don’t mince our words. We believe in offering clients clear advice and information, and even if it’s not what you want to hear, we aim to remain objective and logical when you are trying to make key decisions about your future.
David Nelson, Managing Director
Leith is a friendly, family run business founded by Managing Director David Nelson who has over 15 year’s experience in the SME mergers and acquisitions market. Passionate about providing a client focused, custom-made service to his clients, David started Leith with the goal of creating a hands-on, results driven company. David is supported by a skilled research team who are dedicated to leaving no stone unturned.
The most crucial part I play in the process is listening to you. I need to understand your concerns, your aspirations and really get under the skin of your company. Creating a close working relationship with you is something which is not only of utmost importance to the process as we go along but critical when it comes to tough negotiations and making key decisions.
Sophie Nelson, Director
The ethos behind Leith is something we are really proud of. We founded the company based on a wish to provide a knowledgeable and friendly service to a small number of clients to whom we can offer a truly bespoke and research driven service. I am responsible for producing the various sales documents required to market your company plus heading up our brilliant research team. We are a straight talking and friendly team who are nothing but tenacious in our approach.
Liz Coley, Senior Researcher
I have been with Leith since the founding of the company and have seen first-hand that our unique service leads to successful outcomes and extremely happy clients. We as a research team, have the important job of identifying and approaching the agreed list of potential buyers for our clients’ companies through a variety of different mediums. We work differently from other companies as we are extremely proactive and our method is totally research led. Further to this, we then put in place all the important documentation such as confidentiality agreements to protect our clients.
As a team we are always on hand with any questions our clients may have and send out regular updates as to how things are progressing. Our totally personal service means that not only do we achieve results but we also become an extension of our client’s team.
Why choose us?
- We care about the service we deliver and our reputation
- We understand you’ve worked hard to get to this point and we want to respect that by providing a knowledgeable, hard-working and professional service to help your company reach its selling potential
- We work with only a handful of clients at any given time, this allows us to provide a flexible and personal service
- As a client, your point of contact will always be our Managing Director who will personally attend meetings between you and your prospective purchasers
- Our engagement terms detail our obligations to you and the services we deliver in plain English
- We have an experienced team of researchers who personally contact prospective purchasers generated through our research process and report the results to you
- Leith M&A use world leading international business intelligence and M&A deal databases powered by Bureau Van Dijk and analysed by our in-house research team to target the right buyers / acquisition targets for your Company
- We have an extensive internal database of potential acquirers and sellers managed using an industry leading Microsoft Dynamics CRM system
- We handle all negotiations, chair client meetings and liaise between all professionals on the buy side and sell side from engagement to completion
- We work with leading lawyers and accountants to offer professional advice
- Our service is delivered confidentially at all times
We think we are able to combine the benefits of an intense personal service combined with a suite of leading edge technology. Whether you are looking for private equity investment or an outright 100% share sale it is crucial to have access to the best research tools available.
We use data from award winning companies including Bureau Van Dijk and Preqin. Amongst others, they provide international company information and M & A deal intelligence.